Thursday, February 18, 2010

Have you ever gazed up at the stars on a clear night and wished that you could wish yourself to one of them?

I have many times, and unfortunate for me, my wish has not been granted yet:(Have you ever gazed up at the stars on a clear night and wished that you could wish yourself to one of them?
I have looked up at the stars at night, and concentrated on the fact that there is NOTHING between me and them... and felt myself falling up.


It was a cool experience.


Every now and again, I have to remind myself that living in houses and working in buildings... its a false sense of security, because these huge bodies are out there... and there is nothing between me and them. Its an awesome revelation.Have you ever gazed up at the stars on a clear night and wished that you could wish yourself to one of them?
In fact you are stardust. When a star dies, it stops doing the normal nuclear reaction (that is converting hydrogen into helium) and starts making heavier elements (such as carbon , oxygen, nitrogen). In a nutshell, most of your body is made up of old stars. You are connected to the cosmos in other ways too.





Gravity effects everything. Your body gives off gravity that effects even the most remote star!





You are also connected to other things in the universe via quantum ties known as entanglement. It's difficult to explain, but you are tied up to everything.





So in a way, you are the stars. All of them.
ALL THE TIME!!!
All the time. Anything is better than this.
Not really.
One time I was out on a yacht in the Pacific ocean, having drank many beers, hanging out with friends and a beautiful woman. The guy driving the boat turned off all the lights and the boat so we could see the stars without any lights.





It was the closest to a religious experience I've ever come to, and I'm an atheist. You could see the milky way arching across the sky and more stars than I had ever seen before and counted. More importantly, my entire field of vision was made up of space, stars, and the sky. I felt the gravity leave my body and it felt like I was in space, a part of it all. I was not at those stars, but I was a part of all of it.





So yeah, I know what you mean.
last damn thing I would ever want to be is a burning ball of hot gas lost in space, bin there dun it, the Mexicans make better Chili than the Texicans
Tyrus, you need to read ';the hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy'





the movie really sucks asss, but the book takes you time traveling %26amp; star hopping all in a science fiction comedy!!





(i love this question btw, there are a couple of very intresting answers)

No comments:

Post a Comment