Thursday, February 18, 2010

How many stars can you see on a clear night?

plz help mii!!How many stars can you see on a clear night?
1,385,853,954,856,299, no wait, 1,385,853,954,856,300How many stars can you see on a clear night?
I attended a star party just last night. It was in a secluded, completely dark region of our area. I was absolutely amazed at how many stars I could see. I could even see (with my naked eyes) the Andromeda galaxy and M13, a globular cluster. I could see the plane of the Milky Way, and it's galactic nucleus. I don't know how many stars I saw, but believe me, it was a lot.
well, there is a very big difference in the amount of stars i can see in toronto, or somewhere 2 hours north of toronto, and I can also see a lot more when i put my glasses on, so the number you'll get really depends on your vision, light conditions, and patience ;)
Someone already asked this question before. The answer is 3000-6000 stars depending on your location and eyesight. You might want to have a look at this:





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>





:)





Also, this link may be useful:


http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/200鈥?/a>





This probably has a more detailed answer
You can see approximately 6000 stars on a very clear night with no light pollution. If you have a 2'; telescope this increases to about 400,000 stars. With an 8'; telescope the count will be in the millions.
Tons! If you really look you will see really faint ones and just the whole amount takes up the whole sky. The bright that can really be seen, like hundreds. If it's not clear you might just see like, ten.
That depends on the time of the year, the position of the earth, and your definition of star. Anyway, it's roughly about 100 to 200..
About 6,000 from any spot on a clear night
Less than 3,000.
All of them!! Honestly, no idea, but a LOT!
  • Cats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment