Monday, February 22, 2010

Clear night beautiful stars?

i am at the beach with my gf for a while.............we were out last night and the moon was so bright we couldnt see any stars.......so does anyone know when the night sky will be the most dark and have the most stars out? You would be helping me a lot she loves stars!!!!!Clear night beautiful stars?
Depending on where you are, late-once the moon sets, early before it rises, or you'll have to wait until near the 24th when the moon is new. Right now you've got it bad, its almost full. I have empathy for you, I live in a fairly light polluted area but was on vacation in Oregon last week. One day was perfect, though the moon was bright I was able to still see much more (though I wished I could have seen it completely dark). But when I got up to an observatory some days later, the moon was too bright for seeing much. Good luck, I hope you get a chance because once you've seen the real Milky Way, the stars are never the same!Clear night beautiful stars?
The answer ought to be obvious. It will be when the moon is in it's new, or dark, phase an on a cloudless night.
The stars are always out. Just in the daytime or when it's cloudy you can't see them.
The next New Moon will be July 25. For more optimal stargazing dates, check here:
You must be in the city...it isn't the moon blocking the star~shine it is the smoginess....and city lights blocking the stars view of you, from you too. If you aren't in a city then I dunno, really.
nope sorry what beach are u at

No comments:

Post a Comment